HOW TO BEGIN WITH MICROPROCCESSOR LAB:
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION TO EXECUTE THE PROGRAMS IN ADVANCED MICROPROCESSOR
Step-1: Click on start menu.
2. Go to Run and type cmd and press the enter. Now a new black window will open like this
3. Now at the blinking cursor on black window type cd\masm , and press the enter button so by doing this you will be send to the masm directory, as shown below-
4. Now type edit program1 (your program name, anything what you want).asm, So here, if I'm going to write the first program so simply I named it as program1. So the overall command for this will become edit program1.asm now press the enter button.
Now a new blue window will appear in which you have to type your program as shown below-
5. After typing the program go to the file option and save it. Now again go to the file option and go to exit, so by doing this again previous black window will appear.
6. Now type masm program1(your program name) .asm; and press enter,
by doing this window will show you whether your program is right or wrong, means if there will be any mistake in program then they will show you the error and its location, and if there is no any error then it will show you 'zero error' and 'zero warning'. If it's showing zero error and zero warning then it means your program is right.
7. Now type link program1.obj; and enter.
8. Now after this type afdebug program1.exe; and press enter. Now you will be send to a new output window, so there by pressing F1 with some interval you can verify you result.
NOTE: For character or sentence displaying program like palindrome, or some else you don't need to write afdebug program1.exe; so in stead of writing this simply type program1.exe; and press enter and the black window will show the ouput.
*** FOR INTERFACING PROGRAMS AFTER link program name.obj; type allowio program name(like program1).exe /a press enter and then program name.exe and press enter, thats it.
And if you still have any doubts then ask us we will guide you.
City students group.