Mobile phone Manners everyone should follow.
1) Never talk business secrets or client's confidential details on mobile phones or via SMS.
2) Never give a missed call to anyone.
3) Do not keep calling the person. He / she may be busy. Wait till he calls back. Give at least 20 minutes break before calling again.
2) If the person you are calling is busy on another call, disconnect your call immediately & wait for him to call back. Do not keep calling if there is busy tone.
3) If there is a missed call on your cell, please call back when you see it. Always return the call
4) If you are talking to a new person please introduce yourself first & then talk about reason for calling
5) Use words like "please", "thank you", "have a good day" etc while communicating via SMS.
6) After office hours or on holidays first SMS a person asking if you can call him. Take his permission through SMS before calling him / her.
7) Never use a CALLER TONE (like songs, movie dialogues etc). Standard tring-tring caller tone is considered as professional.
8) Use normal & more professional & standard RING TONES with low to medium volume. (MOVIE SONGS, FLASHY VOICES ARE NOT GOOD)
9) Understand the difference between caller tone & ring tone. YOUR RING TONE & CALLER TONE SAYS WHAT KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE.
10) Do not send unprofessional SMS to others. (Example, some SMS says send this SMS to 10 people & god will do well to you etc)
11) Jokes sent via SMS should be decent. PLEASE NOTE ALL THE SMS & CALLS ARE RECORDED BY TELECOM OPERATORS AS PER GOVT ORDER.
12) Do not keep checking your mobile continuously if someone is talking to you. Pay attention & listen
13) As much as possible, please keep your cell on very low volume or vibration mode. Especially when you are in classroom, meeting room, board room etc
14) When you are talking face to face with someone & your mobile rings, say "excuse me" before receiving the call.
15) Talk very slowly & with low voice on your mobile. Go out if it disturbs others. Stay away from others while talking on the Mobile phone
16) Never put your phone on speaker mode when you are with others.
17) Never check other's SMS / email / call registry
18) Mobile phones are for short communication. DO NOT GET INTO LENGTHY CONVERSATION. May be you are consuming others time on mobile. Quickly finish talking & disconnect with a thank you note.